- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3 cups, chopped mustard greens
- 1/2 yellow squash chopped
- 1 1/2 cups brown lentils
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic, carrots, mustard greens, and yellow squash.
- Add broth, lentils, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until lentils are tender, 30-40 minutes.
- Add honey and simmer another five minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and ladle into bowls, serve.
*recipe courtesy of Cristina Montoya, Registered Dietitian (inspired by EatLove)