- 1/2 cup canned green lentils, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup cooked quinoa (cook as per package instructions)
- 5 olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
1) Add lentils, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, quinoa, and parsley to a bowl.
2) Whisk together olive oil, pepper, oregano and drizzle over salad.
3) Top salad with crumbled feta cheese.
You may enjoy it as an entrée or side dish to a BBQ meal.
*recipe courtesy of Cristina Montoya, Registered Dietitian (inspired by EatLove)